Instant Pot® chicken cacciatore recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken thigh
Make chicken cacciatore in a pressure cooker, such as the Instant Pot®, for a flavourful meal that's ready in minutes - your family will think you slaved over this dish all day!
10 people made this
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 125g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (400g) tin plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 180ml water
- 3 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 pinch crushed chilli flakes
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:55min
- Heat oil in the pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot® on 'Saute' mode; add chicken. Cook until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate, reserving drippings in the pot.
- Place celery, onion and mushrooms in the pot; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Place chicken back in the pot; add tomatoes and tomato puree. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence. Top with water and add crumbled stock cubes.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build. Cook for 11 minutes.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid carefully, turning it away from you. Season the chicken to taste with chilli flakes and black pepper.
If a thicker sauce is desired, remove chicken and bring sauce to the boil on 'Saute' mode. Cook until reduced and thickened.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore, delicious quick and easy family dinner that is a favorite with my kids. The chicken is super moist and tender from a rich tomato sauce enhanced with wine and balsamic vinegar. It&rsquos surrounded by fresh tender mushrooms and peppers. Dinner is ready in 30 minutes. It doesn&rsquot get better than that!
This is one recipe from the family archives. I am taking my Mom&rsquos delicious recipe and making it in the Instant Pot.
This will become a weeknight rescue meal for you! Cooking for 1, 2, 3, 4, or like me 6+, it&rsquos an &ldquoI&rsquom in a bind and I need real food, real fast recipe.&rdquo
There are more ingredients than I normally use but they are easy to put together. It really is an easy dish that once you have cut your veggies and seasoned your meat, the Instant Pot does the rest and you can enjoy a glass of wine.
What&rsquos the origin of Chicken Cacciatore?
Chicken Cacciatore has Italian roots! Cacciatore means &ldquohunter-style&rdquo, which includes poultry, onions, tomatoes, vinegar or wine, and herbs. The end results are an aromatic dinner that smells and tastes amazing.
Can I freeze the Chicken?
Yes, make a double batch and freeze the chicken to eat another day. Place chicken in freezer bags and keep in the freezer until ready to eat. This is a great meal to add to your make-ahead meal plans.
Can I make this meal ahead of time and reheat?
Feel free to make the recipe early. I have placed the Pot in the fridge and just reheated in the Instant pot by using &ldquoSaute&rdquo. If reheating in the oven, bake at 325F for 15 minutes.
What sides can I serve with this recipe?
- A low-carb combo dinner for those looking for fewer calories and a delicious meal.
- spaghetti squash &ndash A fantastic combo to pair tender squash with this aromatic dinner.
- mashed potatoes &ndash the taters soak up all the juice and pair well with the chicken.
- zoodles- low carb, gluten-free, use a combo of green and yellow zucchini for nice color contrast.
Can I make this on the stovetop?
Absolutely. If you do not have an pressure cooker or want to make it in a saute pan, the instructions for stovetop are included in the recipe.
What are the best cuts of poultry to make cacciatore?
I use bone-in chicken breasts and drumsticks with the skin removed. Removing the skin, reduces fat. If you prefer, leave the skin on the chicken. Chicken thighs also work well. Boneless chicken can be used for the recipe but they will not have as much flavor.
Can I use other vegetables in Chicken Cacciatore?
Absolutely, feel free to add your favorite veggies. Some veggies to use: carrots, celery, zucchini, and cauliflower would be great additions to this recipe. Also, any color pepper can be used in the sauce.
Pro tips for making the best Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore?
- Cut your veggies before beginning to cook so everything is ready to add to the pot.
- Don&rsquot forget to season and brown the chicken. This adds flavor to the chicken and sauce.
- Use pieces of chicken that are approximately the same size so they cook evenly.
- Your chicken pieces should be at 165 degrees when cooked through.
- When adding the balsamic vinegar and wine to the pot, use a wooden spoon to brush up any brown bits. This adds flavor but also prevents the &ldquoburning&rdquo message on the Instant Pot.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com
Shop the Recipe:
6-Quart Instant Pot: The instant pot has been a game-changer for me. When I have no time, I still can have a great meal in 30 minutes. Quicker than a delivery service.
Cooking Utensils: These are great utensils for the Instant Pot and any other cooking utensils.
I hope you check it out here, Everyday Eileen I will continue to update it regularly.
Giada De Laurentiis’ Hearty Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore Is the 30-Minute Weeknight Dinner You Need
Too many 30-minute Instant Pot meals? No such thing. And we found the heartiest, easiest of them all: Giada De Laurentiis‘ Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore, a rich, Italian dish both adults and kids alike will love. And this one-pot dinner studded with mushrooms and bell peppers is so simple to make, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just 30 minutes.
Our mission at SheKnows is to empower and inspire women, and we only feature products we think you&rsquoll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
“How to get all the flavor of a slow-cooked Italian classic, with none of the laboring over a stovetop? Turn to this instant pot chicken cacciatore!” De Laurentiis writes.
To make De Laurentiis’ Chicken Cacciatore you’ll, of course, need an Instant Pot. And if you don’t have one, you’re in luck because Amazon currently has the Instant Pot Duo Plus 8 on sale ahead of their annual Prime Day sale.
Now, it’s time to gather all your ingredients, including four large chicken thighs, baby bella mushrooms, bell peppers, white wine, and tomato paste, among other spices and simple ingredients and spices.
First, you’ll season the tights with salt, dredge them in smoked paprika-seasoned flour, and sear in the Instant Pot using the sauté function. Next, add in the rest of the ingredients, and cook on high pressure for nine minutes, followed by another 10 minutes as the pressure releases naturally. It’s a super-simple process &mdash one perfect for a busy weeknight.
“Serve over cheesy polenta or with a side of crusty bread, add a salad, and you&rsquore all set in about 30 minutes,” De Laurentiis says.
Get the full recipe for De Laurentiis’ Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore at Giadzy.
In search of more summer recipes? Giada De Laurentiis has plenty:
How to Make Chicken Cacciatore in the IP
Saute in the Instant Pot
- Begin by sauteing onions and garlic. Then saute your other vegetables until they begin to lightly brown!
- Then move your vegetables to the side of your Instant Pot, creating a well in the center to saute your chicken.
- Brown both sides of your chicken (it doesn’t have to cook all the way through during this stage)
- Add the wine and broth and let everything simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Finally, add the crushed tomatoes and past and chili flakes.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and cook on MANUAL mode (high pressure) for 18 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release.
- Add the olives and remove from heat.
- I love to garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Slow cooker directions? First, you need to cook your chicken for about 4 minutes on each side to just get a nice sear. After that pour everything from the pan, including the drippings into the slow cooker. Add your veggies and liquid and if using breasts cook on high for 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
If using thighs cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
Ingredients For Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Bone-in chicken thighs: this is my favourite chicken part, but you can also use skinless boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
Garlic: fresh cloves or granules
Canned chopped tomatoes: substitute with passata
Salt and ground black pepper
Mixed herbs: substitute for Italian herbs, oregano or basil
Chicken bouillon powder: substitute with chicken stock cubes or sock
Fresh thyme to garnish
Chilli powder: optional, I added for a little kick
Worcestershire sauce: this is totally optional but what to serve with chicken cacciatore an unusual additions on my recipes, I mostly add this sauce to tomato sauce.
- Recipe Note: Multi-cooker settings and features vary widely across different models and brands. Refer to the manual for your cooker to learn which functions will produce the cooking methods (saute, pressure cook) needed for this recipe.
Season the chicken as desired. Layer the mushrooms, onion, pepper, garlic, chicken, Italian seasoning, sauce and wine in the Instant Pot®.
Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting according to which model of Instant Pot® you're using. (If using Manual setting, select High pressure.) Set the timer to 10 minutes (timer will begin counting down once pressure is reached). When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure.
Season to taste and serve. Or, if you like a thicker sauce, cook, uncovered, on the Saute setting for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve the chicken and sauce over hot cooked pasta, if desired.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
I knew this recipe would make a great Instant Pot recipe because it makes a great slow cooker recipe.
To make in the slow cooker:
Lightly brown the chicken in olive oil on both sides, add the garlic, onion and peppers. Saute for a couple more minutes. In a 6-quart slow cooker add the broth, tomatoes, Italian seasonings and stir. Add chicken mixture and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until chicken is done. If you would like to thicken the sauce put 1/4 cup corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl, mix. Add to the sauce mixture and stir.
*Always check the temperature of your meat in the Instant Pot to make sure the meat is cooked to a safe temperature
Chicken Cacciatore Ingredients
To make this chicken dinner recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- chicken thighs
- salt andpepper
- chicken broth
- tomato paste
- can diced tomatoes
- whole tomatoes
- garlic powder
- green pepper
- olive oil
How Long to Cook Chicken Cacciatore in an Instant Pot
First, you will want to sear the chicken, so that the skin has some firmn ess to it, even after it cooks in the sauce at the end. When the oil is hot, add the chicken skin side down and sear for about 4 minutes, then flip the chicken and sear the bottoms for another 4 minutes or so.
Then the chicken gets transferred out, the vegetables are sauteed, then the chicken is added back to the pot with the sauce ingredients. Re-seal the Instant Pot and cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes. Once the cooking time has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore – Hearty Italian Chicken Stew
Instant Pot chicken cacciatore is a hearty one pot meal packed with tender chicken thighs, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and tomatoes.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 20 min
Inactive Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 8 tsp Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Sliced Carrots
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 3/4 Cup Red Wine
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 28 oz Canned Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté Mode. While the pot is heating up, season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Then, sprinkle the almond flour over the chicken.
- Add the olive oil to the hot Instant Pot. Add the chicken to the pot, skin side down. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the skin is nice and golden brown. Then, turn the chicken over, and sauté another five minutes.
- While the chicken is browning, cut up the bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and carrots.
- After the chicken has sautéed on the second side for 5 minutes, remove the thighs from the pot and set aside. Then, add the chopped peppers, onions, mushrooms, and carrots to the Instant Pot. Season the vegetables with the Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt and pepper. Stir everything together, and sauté the vegetables for about 10 minutes until they are soft.
- Once the vegetables are soft, add the crushed garlic and red wine to the pot. Stir. Let the red wine simmer and reduce for about 3 minutes.
- Once the red wine has reduced, cancel the Sauté Mode. Add the chicken broth and canned tomatoes to the Instant Pot. Stir all the ingredients together. Then, nestle the browned chicken thighs down into the pot. Put the lid on the Instant Pot. Pressure cook on the Poultry Setting for 20 minutes. It will take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure.
- Once the chicken cacciatore has finished pressure cooking, quick release the pressure. Serve the chicken thighs with the stewed vegetables on the side.
- Optional: Preheat the broiler on the oven. When the chicken is finished pressure cooking, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, and place the thighs skin side up on a baking sheet. Broil the chicken for 5-7 minutes until the skin is crispy. Then, serve with the stewed vegetables. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466, Total Fat: 25.6g, Saturated Fat: 6.8g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 711.1mg, Carbohydrates: 29.9g, Fiber 6.2g, Sugars: 9.5g, Protein 22.3g